Friday, January 8, 2016

Book Blogger Hop: The Evolution of a Blog


Book Blogger Hop
Hello there!  I haven't done a blog hop for quite some time-- I'd like to get back into doing them every couple of weeks or so.  If you're new here, I go by Jude on this blog.  I've been reviewing books for around five years now.  My taste in books tends not to be books that are making headlines (at least not right away), but rather books that interest me.

The question for this week comes from Elizabeth at Silver's Reviews:

Have you made any improvements on your blog since you started your blog?  Did you change the format?  Did you change your header?  Did you add or remove items from your sidebar?

My blog changes quite frequently (and by frequently, I mean every three to six months).  I tend to look for a space of time where I can revamp absolutely everything on my blog at once and then I leave it until I get tired of looking at it or just need a change.  Right now, my current layout reflects an older me who is a bit more experienced in life.  When I started this blog, it was horrendous.  Layout didn't really matter to me, so I splattered the page in content and if I remember correctly, my blog was full to the brim with... stuff... I like to think it's a little cleaner now.  My first layout reflected the fifteen/sixteen year old me while this layout reflects how I feel I am as a twenty-two year old.  It's an odd transformation.  There are very few elements that have no been changed since the beginning of this blog.  But I think that's healthy, since people change over time.

If you're interested in reading reviews that I have written, there is a button below the header that says "Book Reviews" and also a tag in the "Cloud of Labels" that says "Reviews-- Books" where you can browse write-ups on books that I've read to your heart's content.

If you're stopping by on the blog hop, feel free to leave a nice message with your url and I'll do my best to come and visit you during the blog hop!

Thanks for Reading!

--Jude

2 comments:

  1. Great on your blog changes.

    I started my blog when I was "old" so I didn't need to make any changes. LOL!!

    I like your blog design.

    Have a great rest of your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a sound philosophy on personal growth and your blog reflecting that. I'm gonna 'file that one away' in my mind for the next time I get the itch to change something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!