Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A Review of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' by New Scamander and J.K. Rowling

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Newt Scamander's classic compendium of magical creatures, has delighted generations of wizarding readers.  With this beautiful, large-scale new edition illustrated in full color, Muggles too will have the chance to discover where the Runespoor lives, what the Puffskein eats, and why shiny objects should always be kept away from the Niffler.

Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to Comic Relief and J.K. Rowling's international charity, Lumos, which will do magic beyond the powers of any wizard.  If you feel that this is insufficient reason to part with your money, one can only hope that passing wizards feel more charitable if they see you being attacked by a Manticore."

I'll admit, I saw the film before having a chance to read this book.  Not that they're 100% the same, because they're not, but it was really interesting to read the humor that I heard echoing around the movie theater.  I loved this little book.  I loved reading about these magical creatures that captured my attention as I was reading Harry Potter for the first time.  It was wonderful to have them be the focus for once in this small encyclopedia of magical creatures.  Take this book and learn a little bit more about these magical creatures and how they fit in and impact the wizarding world.  You'll appreciate the humor it's written in and if you've seen the film already, it'll be cool to put an image with the description, since that's what this book is largely lacking.  I would love to get an illustrated edition of this book.  I think that would be just beautiful.

Pick up this book if you want to expand your knowledge of Harry's world.  As a long time HP fan, it was wonderful to feel immersed in this world again by reading this book for the first time.

I give 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them':

Thanks for Reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!