Friday, December 22, 2023

New Blog, Fresh Start!

 

I'm moving!  

Since I last posted (in July of 2020!!) I have actually moved to a new living space, but that's not what I'm talking about now.  I mean, I'm moving to a new digital space!  I've been writing more and more over at my new blog Megan Rediscovers Her Life!

So, why the change?  It comes down to a few things...

1. I created this blog for school when I was 16.  While it's grown beyond my 16-year-old self and changed over time (of course), I'm now 30.  That's a long time to be tied to one space and be connected to the content that I was putting out in high school.

2. I want to write different content.  Even when I was still writing here, it was getting harder and harder to write about what I was reading.  It was taking the joy out of that experience, so I was already starting to shift away from that sort of content.

3. I don't want my identity to only be books.  The older I've gotten, I have become more and more aware that I have made my identity books and teaching.  If you asked me how things were going in my life, I would give you some kind of an answer related to teaching.  What I teach is always connected to books, whether I like it or not.  So I'm giving myself this new space to talk about and explore the parts of my life that are not explicitly connected to books.

It's been a while since I posted here, so I'm not even sure how many people have stuck around (thank you if that's you).  But if you're interested in reading what I've been up to and what I'm experiencing in life right now, you can find me on Megan Rediscovers Her Life.  I have a few posts there right now with more scheduled and ready to go as early as this weekend.  I may talk about what I read in the future and include some things about teaching, but it's largely about goals, travel, and hobbies I've been working on.

I've been enjoying getting back into blogging, with or without an audience, but I hope that you'll join me over there.  This blog will stay up (there's a lot of good memories here and posts that I don't want to get rid of), but I will no longer be adding to it after this post.

Thank you for your support over the years!  I'm looking forward to this new chapter!

--Jude (Megan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!