Saturday, June 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo!

Hello Everyone!

Have you ever wanted to sit down and just write a novel but you can't find the time or motivation to do it? Perhaps you could give NaNoWriMo a try!

November is a long way off, so there's plenty of time to make up your mind. "NaNoWriMo" is an acronym that stands for "National Novel Writing Month." Clever, yes? To officially sign up, you have to create an account (it's completely free). Once you're signed up, at the end of October, you'll be able to set your word count goal (the typical novel is 50,000 words, but I'm pretty sure you can set it lower if you so desire). After that, you write like crazy! The whole point of this is to meet your word count goal. If you meet your goal, you win!

I highly recommend at least looking at the website. Maybe that will be your deciding factor. But any way, if you do decide to join in the madness, make sure you look for me: Jude_Rosenberg55 and then we could be writing buddies throughout the month of November. I just ask that you send me a note so I know who you are. Especially if you have some obscure username that doesn't hint at who you really are.

Oh yeah! If you click on the title, it doubles as a link, and that will take you to the website where you can scout things out to your heart's desire. And if that doesn't work for some reason, here's the website: http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/
Also, if you could tell me that it doesn't work, I'll try my best to fix it for the future. I hope to see you there!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

--Jude Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!