Friday, November 29, 2013

A Review of 'The Dark' by Lemony Snicket, Illustrated by Jon Klassen

"Laszlo is afraid of the dark.  The dark is not afraid of Laszlo.

Laszlo lives in a house.  The dark lives in the basement.

One night, the dark comes upstairs to Laszlo's room, and Laszlo goes down to the basement.

This is the story of how Laszlo stops being afraid of the dark."

This is another book that I heard about and just had to get when I went to that book event on my campus.  The pictures are fairly simple, but the story that goes with the pictures is just lovely.  If you're familiar with A Series of Unfortunate Events, the author is the same and the writing style is fairly similar.  It's a quirky story, no question about it!

Reviewing children's books is a bit difficult... they're not long enough that I feel like I can/should talk about the plot.  But I really want to... the ending is one of the most adorable endings that I've seen!  I'm always going to remember it and my heart will swell with happiness every time I remember it.


If you're looking for a cute and quirky children's book, look no further!

I give 'The Dark':
Thanks for Reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!