Friday, December 26, 2014

A Review of 'Hate That Cat' by Sharon Creech (Audio Book)

"Jack

Room 204-- Miss Stretchberry

February 25

Today the fat black cat
up in the tree by the bus stop
dropped a nut on my head
thunk
and when I yelled at it
that fat black cat said
Murr-mee-urr
in a nasty
spiteful
way.

I hate that cat.

This is the story of
Jack
words
sounds
silence
teacher
and cat."

This is yet another book that I read over the summer whilst gardening but am just reviewing now.  I don't think it was as effective of a read when you listen to it since it is a book written in poems, so if this book sounds interesting to you, definitely find a hard copy.

This story is about a boy named Jack who is learning to write poetry.  It's kind of neat that his teacher didn't just make him read poetry, but also practice poetry too.

I thought it was a cute story, but I don't think that this will be a book that I'll be returning to.  Once good for me.  That being said, this book is intended for younger kids and I'm twenty-one years old.

Given my age, my rating will be rather low, but if you have a middle schooler or even an elementary school-aged kid, they should give it a try.  I won't read this book, but I've been told to read Sharon Creech's other books, so I might do that.

I give 'Hate That Cat':
Thanks for Reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!