Friday, July 1, 2011

In My Mailbox-- Weekend Edition!

Today, I took a journey with my friend Avery to Barnes & Noble and Half-Price Books (that's right, we've tackled two of the greatest book places in one day!).  I just thought that I would share my findings with you.  Here they are:

 "Happyface" by Stephen Emond
--This was recommended to me by Avery who had read it and really liked it.  I'm really excited to read it because there are pictures, and pictures are a nice change in a novel!
 "Bumped" by Megan McCafferty
--I couldn't help myself.  Normally, as a student with a job that is like a ticking time-bomb (in that I have a limited amount of time to spend there), I would have waited for this book to come out in paperback before I got it, but I've read too many good reviews, and I really wanted to read it, so I splurged.
 "The Food of France" by Sarah Woodward
--Oh Half-Price Books, how I love thee for your relatively cheap cook books!  I will never go anywhere else!
 "Half Empty, Half Full: The Psychological Roots of Optimism" by Susan C. Vaughan, M.D.
--It was my first time going into the psychlogy section at H-PB and many of the titles are quite intriguing, so I decided to read a little non-fiction (or at least a different kind of non-fiction).
 "The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies" by Natalie Savona
--I am the happiest child alive!  I'm excited to make so much juice and a bazillion smoothies!
"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen
--Read it and loved it to pieces!  Also, I saw the movie tonight.  It was excellent!  I think I'll review it in the future.  Near future, that is.

I also found a blank notebook with a Monet print on the front and back covers.  It's really quite beautiful and I can't wait to write in it!

That's all for today.  Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!