Friday, July 22, 2011

In Which An Explanation is Given

I'm not sure how many of you watch my LONTEM Project videos, but if you do, you're probably wondering why there hasn't been a new video in about two months.  There is an explanation for this.

At first, it started with laziness.  I really didn't want to make a video at the end of May.  Too much work.

Then I got to thinking.  I was doing my garden project (I'm still doing my garden project) and I realized that a month wasn't nearly enough time to effectively learn how to do this thing.  My plants weren't even beginning to produce vegetables.  I could cover things like keeping pests away and storing the vegetables that I picked.  If I waited longer, I would be able to get footage of these things happening.

Then it started to become not my fault.  You may have noticed that I haven't put another Gallery Walk post up in a while.  Well...

Once upon a time, there was a wonderful, awesome, best camera ever that was a Nikon.  I loved it very much and I took it everywhere with me.  One day, my mother, sister, and I were in the porch taking pictures of Louie being a total goof ball, when suddenly, we made to use it again, and the lens wouldn't open up.  We were confused and I kept trying to get it to open up and work.  But it didn't.  The world aligned itself with my gargantuan sorrow and on the day when it rained so hard that you couldn't even see two feet in front of you, my dad and I drove out to Edina to National Camera Exchange (if you're in the market for a camera, go to these guys.  They'll help you with everything from deciding which camera would work best for you to teaching you how to use said camera) and asked if they knew what to do.  The guy behind the counter tried to fix it, but he told us he didn't want to force it too much because then the lens would have a crack instead of just a chip.  He took off the strap, removed my batteries, memory card, and lens cap and gave them to me and filled out a damage report that would be sent in for repair with my camera.  He told us it would take 6 to 8 weeks to fix/replace my beloved camera.  He told me that if I heard from them or Nikon on Tuesday, that would mean that I needed to send in something saying that I had a 2 year warranty on my camera or that the damage that occurred wasn't covered by my warranty at all.  I haven't heard anything, so that means that there was no issue.  Hopefully I'll be able to get my camera fixed or at least replaced.  This story is to be continued...

So any way, that's my excuse.  Of course, I have my integrated camera on my laptop, but I've been trying to do music covers by using this camera and it just isn't good enough.  Every time I play back what I recorded on that camera, I'm okay with what I did, but there is a perpetual beeping in the background that I certainly didn't miss upon getting my Nikon.

So I don't know when I'll be able to finish my garden project (as far as finishing the recording part) and also record learning how to juggle and snorkel.  Doing these videos and completing them will depend on a few things:

1. When my job decides to pay me and get up to date
2. When I am able to get a tripod (I have one picked out and I had every intention of getting it when I brought my camera in, but then it turned out that it was more expensive than I thought, so I didn't get it.  It's really cool, because it can bend and I think it's magnetic on the stand parts, so it can stick to/wrap around all sort of things!)
3. When I get my camera back in probably 4-6 weeks now.

Because of these things, I'll probably be pretty behind in videos, so I do hope that you'll bear with me.  They'll come pretty soon!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!