Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 Countries I Would Like to Visit

So, if you know me even a little bit, then you'll know that my number one plan in life is to travel.  A lot.  And I want to go everywhere!  But since there isn't nearly enough room to put down EVERY country, I'm going to narrow it down to 7 places put in no particular order.
1. Australia.  It has been my dream for the longest time to go to Australia.  I plan to study there during college and I might even follow the example of THESE BLOGGERS and go again after college.  They went for a month, but while reading their writing, it felt like they were rushing and were forced to kind of do the things at the top of there list as opposed to being able to take their time and enjoy more than they already did.  So I'd love to spend a summer there after I graduate from college.


2. The United Kingdom.  As an avid reader, I've fallen in love with Harry Potter, but that's not the (only) reason why I want to go to the UK.  I would love to see the history and have fun "time traveling" going between castles and more modern cities.  It would be very neat!  I would love to study abroad here as well.  Also, I'd love to learn to drive on the right side of the road.  That in itself sounds like an adventure!


3. China.  A few days ago, I was looking at my friend's pictures when she went to China for a month with some people from her Chinese class.  It looks like such a beautiful country and even though I don't know the language, I think it would be quite fun!  And I'd be sure to have a few important words and phrases written down just in case I did run into trouble.  It's only been recently (like, within the past few months) that I've expressed an interest (more to myself that anything) in visiting any part of Asia.  That makes me sound like a bad person... understand that I hold no prejudice against anyone of the Asian persuasion or anyone who currently lives in an Asian country.


4. Greece.  Again, this is also a fairly recent development.  Maybe it comes from watching too much "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" or reading Lena's scenes in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," but the country has become more and more appealing to me.  And I love most Greek food!  I bought a Greek cook book and my friend Avery and I have been trying different recipes in it.  I'd just love to explore the birth place of Greek mythology (can I tell you how mad I was when I found out that my English teacher in ninth grade decided to take a trip to Greece two years after no longer being in her class?  Not happy at all... I was internally seething with jealousy and rage...).


5. Indonesia.  Okay, I blame "Eat, Pray, Love" for this one.  The people there seemed really adorable and I'd just like to get to know the culture more.  This is one of the places where I plan to teach in the future (if they'll let me).


6. Ireland.  Again, another movie, though the movie wasn't what caused this fascination with Ireland.  You know that scene in "Marley and Me" where Marley is left at home but John and Jenny decide to go on a belated honeymoon to Ireland?  The landscape there was so beautiful, and again, I'd love to appreciate the people and the Irish culture (I'm sick of the stereotypes that everyone in Ireland drinks... I won't believe it until I see it for myself).


7. Spain.  Since I discovered that I can still speak Spanish (not a lot, mind you, but enough to communicate), I've wanted to visit a Spanish-speaking country.  Maybe that'll be Mexico (actually that's on my list too) but I've got a friend who goes to Spain quite often and her dads live there now.  If I ask, I bet we could eventually plan a trip together.  But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!