Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday Memes

Welcome to Friday!  Let's get right to the questions.

TGIF and Friday Follow is brought to you by Ginger @ GReads and Parajunkee.

Book Moments: What has been your favorite moment (scene) in a book that you've read so far in 2012?  Please be kind and not include spoilers.

I think that my favorite moment in a book is from Your Voice in my Head by Emma Forrest:

"When it happens," he asks me, "what will get you through?"
"Friends who love me."
"And if your friends weren't there?"
"Music through headphones."
"And if the music stopped?"
"A sermon by Rabbi Wolpe."
"If there was no religion?"
"The mountains and the sky."
"If you leave California?"
"Numbered streets to keep me walking."
"If New York falls into the ocean?"
Your voice in my head.
--Page 193-194

For me, it's a very hopeful place in the book.  Emma is determined to get better and this just shows that she's not going to let anything stop her.  There will always be something for her to stick around for, however complex or simplistic.
What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?

I would love to see 'Elsewhere' and 'The Fault in Our Stars' made into a movie.  I think 'The Fault in Our Stars' as a prospective movie makes me more nervous than 'Elsewhere,' although those are two of my favorite books of all time so far.  I haven't really thought about who would play the main characters though.  Whenever I sit down and think about that, adequate just isn't good enough.  There's no one perfect out there. I'd be terrible at casting shows of any sort.

What are your answers to these questions?  Leave a comment with your web address below and I'll try my best to drop by for a visit this weekend!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!