Monday, April 30, 2012

Music Monday (2)

Welcome back to Music Monday!  This week I've got all Disney songs for you.  Let's start with the scariest one and also my absolute favorite...




"Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

I love this movie so much.  Just the music is enough to give me goosebumps!  And now that I've been to the place where the story is set, it's even more amazing.  I've been looking at old Disney movies lately and I've noticed that some of them are actually darker than I originally thought.  A song about getting an outcast girl to fall in love with him with the ultimatum being 'I'll kill you'?  In a Disney movie?  Wow... Despite the dark undertones, I'm so in love.






"Savages" from Pocahontas

I'm in love with this movie too.  I love the colors and the music!  I like that this song has three singing parts-- the Settlers, the Native Americans, and Pocahontas has a strong part of her own.  It's so beautiful!  Alan Menken for sure knows what he's doing.






"He Mele No Lilo" from Lilo and Stitch

Another movie I used to watch incessantly.  My sister and I watched it so much that our DVD got scratched, so now the movie stops in the beginning of every song so matter how much fast-forwarding we end up doing.  Any way, this is such a cute song and the animation is adorable-- one of the more round, cute Disney animations.






"I Won't Say I'm in Love" from Hercules

This is such an awesome song to sing along to.  I love that Meg is a Disney princess without really being a Disney princess.  She's on the outskirts of princesshood.  And she's sort of a bad guy even though like Anakin Skywalker, she hasn't completely turned to the Dark Side.






"Reflection" from Mulan

A beautiful song from a beautiful and flowy movie.  Another favorite (I seem to have a lot of those!)

Thanks for watching and reading!

--Jude

3 comments:

  1. Love ur blog. I hope u like mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/

      :) x

      Delete
  2. These are some of my favorite songs EVER! Well done. I'm in heaven right now. And yes, "I Won't Say I'm in Love" is the perfect song to sing along to. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!