Good morning! For once I can wake up on a Friday morning and not have to go to school (although that's not entirely true... I did a college visit today).
This weekend's Blog Hop and Follow Friday are brought to you by Jennifer and Parajunkee respectively.
The Blog Hop Question
If you could physically put yourself into a book or series, which one would it be and why?
Very difficult... I've always been very fond of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' and even though that world would be dreadful to live in due to the many, many deaths and the lack of gullibility, but I'm still very fascinated with Lemony Snicket's world. Several years ago, my friends and I built a paper model of that world from Count Olaf's house to the Slippery Slope, because at the time, The Grim Grotto and Penultimate Peril had not even been written yet. So that's why I would pick the world of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' to put myself into.
The Follow Friday Question
Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100FACTSABOUTME (side note: I've never understood twitter), give us five book-related silly facts about you.
Cool. A list seems appropriate for this question (statement, whatever).
1. Series like 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' and 'Harry Potter' tend to make me obsessive beyond comparison. Seriously, arguments have been started over these things.
2. It's not a book, but my current English teacher is the one that made me decide that I want to be an English teacher. I get to read books for a job (oh yeah, and mold the young minds that come through my class) and still get summer vacation! And I get to be as insane as I want and not be completely judged for it.
3. J.K. Rowling is one of the authors that inspired me to write to publish.
4. There is one shelf in my room stacked two deep along with a pile right next to it on the floor with books that I fully intend to read before I graduate.
5. I've considered learning braille purely so that I can close my eyes and still read.
So that's all for me! I'm interested in reading everyone else's answers, so feel free to leave your web address in the form of a comment and I will try my best to come visit you!
Also, I feel that I must address this because I've been putting it off for far too long... 104 FOLLOWERS?!??!! Holy crap.... Thanks so much everyone for stopping by and taking the time to follow and keep up with my rants and reviews! I never once thought that this blog would get this big (though I would be lying to you if I said that I didn't hope ^_^).
Don't forget to be awesome and happy reading!