Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Welcome to Friday!

We have three questions today: one from Ginger @ GReads (TGIF), another from Jennifer @ Crazy for Books (The Blog Hop), and the last from Parajunkee who runs Follow Friday.  Let's get started!


In 2011, which new/old authors have you discovered and loved?

Hmm... new/old authors... list time!
1. Cavanaugh Lee (Save As Draft)
2. Ally Condie (Matched)
3. David Levithan (The Lover's Dictionary, etc.)
For all of these authors, I had only ever heard about them, but I had never gotten around to actually reading their work.  Now I'm completely impressed and there's no going back!

Book Blogger Hop


What book-to-movie adaptation have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?

I have to say, I'm quite fond of the Harry Potter movie adaptations.  I go into them knowing that they're not going to be exactly like the book, and for that, I can appreciate them for the movie.  Also, the Masterpiece Theater version of 'Jane Eyre' was very well made (and true to the book too!).  I really want to see 'Water for Elephants.'  The trailer looked exquisite and I loved the book!  As for book-to-movie adaptations that didn't work, 'Twilight' stands out the most.  

Hmm... I could have sworn that I've seen more book-to-movie adaptations than these... perhaps I just can't think of them now.



How many books do you read in a week?  And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

I usually finish one book every week, but this number really varies because of a few factors: everything that goes on during the week, how good the book is, how long the book is, who's reading the book, and whether I'm being told to read the book or not.  

Usually, I'll have somewhere between two and four hard copy books going and then maybe one audio book all at once.

So that's it for me!  But what about you?  What are your responses to these questions?  Leave a comment with your web address below and I'll be sure to come and visit you this weekend (I have a long weekend because of memorial day!).

Have a lovely weekend!

--Jude

P.S. I'm definitely working on the April LONTEM video this weekend.  I'm fairly caught up on everything that I needed to be caught up on, so I'll have a little time.  This is probably a good weekend to wrap up the May video as well...  we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Harry Potter Movies. I just watched the last one with my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter movies was my choice too! New follower here and have a great weekend!

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!