Let's get right to the questions and then we'll do other stuff afterwards. Yes? Yes.
TGIF is brought to you by Ginger at G-Reads (click on the link to the left and join the others this weekend!)
What was the first book you reviewed on your blog?
Looking back to about July 2010, it looks as though the first book I ever reviewed was 'Between Mom and Jo' by Julie Ann Peters. I haven't read it in quite some time, but surprisingly, I remember quite a bit about it and I remember liking it a lot. You may click on the title of the book and be taken to the original review. A warning, this review is like almost all of my other reviews in that I don't spare any details. I pick the thing apart. You've been warned!
The Blog Hop is brought to you by Jennifer at Crazy for Books (click on the image above to visit).
If you were given one chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?
I'm sure this is going to be a popular answer, but I would love to be in the world of Harry Potter. I want to cast spells on anything and everything! It would be so much fun! My second choice would be in the place where many of Gail Carson Levine's stories take place ('Ella Enchanted,' 'Fairest,' 'Ever,' etc.). I've always been incredibly fascinated by castles (and I get to see real live castles next year when I travel to France for nearly two weeks! I'm so excited!).
Follow Friday is brought to you by Parajunkee (click on the image above to visit).
It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...
Let's see... list time!
1. I talk to myself. Sometimes people get confused as to whether I'm talking to them or not.
2. I'm ambidextrous. I can write with both hands, but I put more emphasis with writing with my left while I do everything else with my right. I confused a gym teacher that way when we were supposed to be playing Frisbee...
3. I tend to stare at people sometimes. No reason in particular, I just do. Does that make me creepy?
4. Every time there's a special event coming up for someone or they're sick, I always try to write happy birthday on their facebook walls, bake them a birthday cake, or make a picture using MS Paint. It just depends on how well I know the person. Acknowledgement is good.
5. This is more of an interest thing, but I like to pause movies and go through them movie still by movie still to figure out how exactly the cast and crew of the movie did something. I've done this a lot for Harry Potter (the more action-oriented ones) and Star Wars, I believe.
That's all for me! What about you guys? I'm interested in reading your answers to these questions. Feel free to leave your web address and maybe even a message, if that floats your boat, in the comments and I'll try my best to get back to you sometime over the weekend!
Have a good weekend!