Monday, September 5, 2011

Movie Time! 'The Roommate'

"While acclimating to campus life, college freshman Sara (Minka Kelly) begins to realize that her new roommate, Rebecca (Leighton Meester), is becoming obsessed with her.  When the unhinged Rebecca starts targeting Sara's friends and loved ones, can she save them-- and herself?  This tense psychological thriller also stars Cam Gigandet, Danneel HarrisAlyson Michalka, and Frances Fisher.

This was a movie made up of a lot of creepy factors that make you cringe.  Everything else would have been much scarier all the way through if they had shown exactly what was happening (though I'm really glad the directors decided not to... it was creepy enough as it is).

I'm really curious about what exactly Rebecca has.  I know she was taking medication because she was a psychopath or a sociopath, but those aren't names of diseases or disorders, just a way of being, right?  If you know, could you share your knowledge?

I watched this movie with my friend Marie from France and we watched it around 11 or midnight.  Perfect time to watch such a creepy, cringe-worthy film.

You will be put on edge as Rebecca confronts anyone that she sees as a threat to Sara and/or their roommate relationship.  And really, the scary part is that it doesn't take much to get on her bad side.

The plot thickens when we pay a visit to Rebecca's house.

Quite a good movie.  I'm not a little afraid to get a roommate...

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

2 comments:

  1. I saw this movie a while ago, wen it first came out. I didn't really enjoy it that much. It could have been better in my opinion. Have you heard of a movie called; Single White Female. If not, you should look it up, because that what this movie is mainly based off of.


    - Kande

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of the movie 'Single White Female,' but it's definitely going on my movie list. Thank you for the suggestion!

    I agree, the movie was far from perfect, but if you're half-delirious from lack of sleep and you're watching it at midnight, it's pretty good. I don't think it would have been nearly as scary at noon after a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!