Saturday, September 10, 2011

The State of my Education: Senior Year Thus Far

Hello there!

I have now been a senior (like, recognized by the school, not just "I finished Junior year, so I must be a Senior!" senior) for about two weeks now.  Since I've been coasting on scheduled posts for about that long, I figured I'd take the time and write one out now.  To be published immediately.

It's been two weeks and already Senior year has been a year of trying new things.  I know it will continue to be so too.  So far, I have become an aid for my psychology teacher who also doubles as an economics teacher.  Basically, I get goldfish for grading papers (worksheets and then pages of notes that he calls Jig-Saws.  It's a lot easier than it sounds).  Best yet, I'm able to ask for a college recommendation from this teacher because he only writes recommendations for people that participate in the quiz bowl and for those who are his aids.  I'm going to see if I can aid a few days a week before or after school next semester, because I'll have a full schedule (no hours off!  What a tragedy!).

The second thing that I've tried doing is I auditioned for a couple plays last week!  They're senior projects, so they have small casts, which made them hard to get cast for.  I tried out for a play called 'Lend Me a Tenor' (it's hilarious!) and another called 'All in the Timing' (very cute and witty!).  There was also a Shakespeare one, but I didn't audition for that.  So I stayed after school for two days because I was called back for both of the plays that I auditioned for.  When I saw those call-back sheets and I saw my name on both of them, I was so excited. It was my first time doing theater (I've attended plays, but never really participated), and just getting called back was amazing and such a confidence boost.  I didn't get cast for anything, but I was totally okay with that.  Just the audition process was fun.  I have no regrets.

I'm not trying out for choir, but I'm thinking about trying to find a group for after school.  That would be trying something new.  I'll just have to figure out what that is.

In other news, I love my classes; they're interesting and I'm interested in them.  They're challenging too!  What  a good combination to have!

My travel dates are creeping up.  France at the tail end of March and Washington D.C. on April 12.  Those are going to be some busy months.  Luckily, I've taken care of testing (ACT as of today (for the second time) and MCAs as of the end of last year.  And by that point, I'll be waiting for colleges to contact me).

I'm so excited!  I wanted to make senior year special and so far, it's working out quite well!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!