It's time for another recipe! I haven't done this in a while, but I'm excited!
Setting Up: What Kind of Food Items?
1 1/4 cups of white sugar
2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
3 egg yolks
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Setting Up: What Sort of Equipment?
(the picture got screwed up... dang it...)
1 Big Bowl
1 Medium-sized bowl (optional)
1 Small Bowl
2 or 3 Cookie Sheets (depending on how big your balls of dough are)
Rubber Spoon (or whisk)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream together your 2 sticks of butter (I recommend melting them first) and your sugar. Mix until you can't see any chunks of butter in the mixture.
3. Add your egg yolks (do not include the egg whites) and vanilla to your butter and sugar.
4. After everything is mixed together into one smooth concoction, add your flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix together until you can't see any one ingredient in the mixture.
5. Make walnut-sized balls of dough in your palm and place on your greased cookie sheet. Keep them roughly 2 inches apart. Do not flatten them, they will flatten themselves out in the oven while baking.
6. Place in oven (after preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit) and set the timer for 10-11 minutes to start. Add extra time if when you poke the cookies to check them, they are still jell-o like. 2 minute increments should suffice.
7. Take cookies out of the oven, let them cool, and enjoy!
Thanks for reading!