Saturday, June 25, 2011

That Day That Comes Before Saturday (Even though it's Saturday Today)

Right.  I'm late.  Let's get to it!

The Blog Hop, Follow Friday, and TGIF are brought to you by Jennifer @ Crazy-for-Books, Parajunkee, and Ginger @ G-Reads, respectively (there are links that you may click on).
TGIF

Summer love: where is your ideal place to take a summer vacation and get lost in a book?

More than likely, I haven't been there yet.  I plan on leaving the country on multiple occasions so that I may find this spot.  But I do have some criteria: somewhere warm and not-so-populated so that you can see the stars at night and also hear the waves breaking on the shore.  I'm not sure where that is, but if you think you know, feel free to inform me and I'll try my best to get there sometime before I die (morbid, but I'm serious).
The Blog Hop

When did you realize that reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?

My mom has been going through pictures-- she's making a scrapbook that she's going to work on all year and give to me when I graduate high school next June (that's another thing I have to wait for!  I also have two envelopes coming around that time too!  I might just burst with excitement!  And I've totally remembered that, so now I've ruined it for my future self... sorry self...).  

Any way, she's been finding all of these pictures of me reading or being read to as a little kid.  So in short, I've been reading forever and books and even writing have worked their way in and settled themselves into my life and now they're huge hallmarks in my life.  

I want to meet one reader who can pinpoint exactly when they found out that they loved reading to pieces.  It's really hard!


Follow Friday

In light of the Summer Solstice-- also known as Midsummer-- let's talk about fairies.  What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

Most of my knowledge of fairy tales (save for Ezra's 'History of Beauty and the Beast' posts Part 1 and Part 2) have come from Disney.  Sad, right?  I need to get out more... but my favorite Disney movie to watch was Sleeping Beauty.  I loved the three good fairies and Maleficent and the art in the movie was very astonishing!  This was probably the lamest answer you've seen, but it's all I've got... sorry!

What are your answers?  Leave your web address and a message in the comments if you would like and I'll try my best to come and visit your web site today or tomorrow!  

Have a lovely weekend!

--Jude

2 comments:

  1. Hey I found your blog via Follow Friday, and I'm your newest follower!

    If you get a moment, head over to Teen Fiction Centre, and take a look around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was last weeks post but I ust stumbled across your blog today (better late than never I suppose;))

    Beauty and the Beast was my favourite but Sleeping Beauty was a close second. I am one of these people who loves to watch the making of a film and the making of Sleeping Beauty was amazing. :)

    I'm a new follower
    Blethering About Books

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!