Friday, June 17, 2011

Viernes!

Welcome to Friday!  Time for question time!

This weekend's hops are brought to you by Parajunkee (Follow Friday), Jennifer @ Crazy for Books (The Blog Hop), and Ginger @ G-Reads (TGIF).  Here are the questions!

Follow Friday



Genre Wars!  What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

My favorite genre (generally speaking) that I will unfailingly turn to is Young Adult Fiction.  It's books by Laurie Halse Anderson and J.K. Rowling that made me love this genre to pieces.  If you're looking for something more specific, I have started to fall in love with dystopian novels.  Recently, there has been quite an explosion of dystopian, so I have been able to get my fill.  It's books like The Giver and Matched that made me fall in love with this niche within the genre.

How many books are currently on your To-Be-Read (TBR) pile?

On the pile that I keep electronically, I have 638 books and counting on my TBR pile.  Good thing I don't have them all piled up around my room.  I think my parents would slay me, particularly if I was unable to find a place to put all of them... however, I do have two drawers of books that I have yet to read (and I will go over those in a book shelf tour, which will hopefully be created pretty soon, since my room is relatively clean now).  These drawers are more acceptable to my family.

And I quote: what are some of your favorite book quotes?

How funny that you ask, because I've been in the process of looking for senior quotes, and most of them come from books!

  1. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."  (Albus Dumbledore)
  2. "My eyes aren't glistening with the ghost of my past!" (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
  3. "I'm not my name.  My name is something I wear, like a shirt.  It gets worn.  I outgrow it, I change it." (Stargirl)
  4. "The town was paper, but the memories were not." (Paper Towns)
  5. "I'm just saying, it's not all sandcastles and ninjas." (Going Bovine)
  6. "I guess I always felt even if the world came to an end, McDonald's would still be open." (Life As We Knew It)
  7. "You forget all of it anyway. . . You forget who was cool and who was not, who was pretty, smart, athletic, and not. . . You forget all of them. Even the ones you said you loved, and even the ones you actually did. They’re the last to go. And then once you’ve forgotten enough, you love someone else." (Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac)
How did you answer these questions?  Leave a comment below with your web address and I'll try my best to come by and visit you!

Have a lovely weekend!

--Jude


P.S. I'm such a dork... I entered my web address into the Follow Friday bin twice, because I didn't believe that it worked.  I'm sorry if you were tricked into coming here twice.


P.P.S. I'm an idiot... Domingo means Sunday, in Spanish... I knew I should have stuck with French...

5 comments:

  1. http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/06/were-doing-book-blogger-hop_18.html
    Old Follower
    I have a Never-ending list of TBR's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. That's a great Harry Potter quote. Love Rita.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dystopian is great. I provided a list on my Follow Friday post of the ones I love. New follower :-)

    http://thefablefairy.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just popping over (a little belatedly) from Parajunkee. I hope you have a nice weekend.

    I'm your newest follower.
    (my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Just hopped over to your blog!
    It's lovely.
    I am following you now.
    Please have a look at my blog.
    It's pretty new.
    :)
    http://oopsireadthatbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!