Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Challenge Review

So this past year, I tried to complete some challenges for the first time in my personal blogging history.  I had five that I wanted to do (three of them were self-created, however).  I'll kind of go through them now.
In 2011, I did the 2011 Audio Book Challenge (brought to you by Teresa's Reading Corner), and my goal was to listen to 12 Audio Books.  I successfully completed all 12 Audio Books and reviewed them (I labeled them as Audio Books in the review title).  In the beginning, this was a little bit of a challenge, because I wasn't really good at only listening and taking in information, but after listening to 12, I've fallen in love with audio books!  I plan on doing this challenge again, but raising the bar a little bit.  I'm going to do a separate post for this though.
The second challenge I did was the Off The Shelf Challenge.  I really liked this one because it forces me to look through my own shelves instead of those of the library's and read what I already own (there are many, because of Half-Price Books spoiling me so).  I successfully read five books that I own and haven't read!
The third challenge was of my own design, and that was the 2011 Reading for Fun 50 Book Challenge.  My goal was to read 50 books in 2011, and I exceeded my goal by at least one, if not two, three, or four books, which is exciting.  I'm going to create a 2012 version of this challenge, but I'm crap when it comes to link lists, so if you want to join in on this (it's really not that hard, because there are crossovers with the other challenges you might be doing).
The fourth challenge was a little unusual.  My boyfriend shared one of his books with me-- a Warhammer book-- because he's trying to find one that I like.  I failed this challenge miserably, completing 28 out of 762 pages.  Honestly, it's a little boring, but I will try and suffer through it.  I hate not finishing books that I've started.
The fifth challenge I did was another that I created-- the Goosebumps Challenge.  I also failed that because as soon as I finished creating it, I no longer wanted to read Goosebumps.  I think school began, otherwise I had better things to read.  So... yeah.  That just didn't work out.  I won't be creating a 2012 version of this (though if you joined in and you really liked it, by all means, start it up yourself, even if it's on your own).

So that's it for last year's challenges!  There will be two more posts today, so stay tuned for more!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!