Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Memes!

Welcome to Friday!  I hope you all had peachy-keen days today!

2012 Must Read: Which books are at the top of your list to be read this year (new or old releases)?


 A lot of these books I've started already.  a couple of them I'm currently reading, but I plan on finishing them. I started "A Million Little Pieces" last year, but it's such a hefty read (not that it's long, only that it deals with difficult topics) that I didn't finish it.

I received my copy of "The Fault in Our Stars" yesterday-- I was so excited!  I'm about half-way done right now!

 I tried to read "Pride and Prejudice" before, but I don't think I was in the right mind set to read it, so I didn't get very far.

I found an old copy of "Wuthering Heights" at a garage sale and I haven't read it yet, so I hope to finish that this summer so I can make some literary friends and impress them with my wide range of reading.

I'm currently reading "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" and it's quite good, but I've been lacking in time, and I will be until second semester starts probably.

"Mockingjay" is a book that I borrowed from my mom's co-worker who's basically my long-lost twin, but a bit older.  I haven't gotten very far in it, but I'm not quite sure why, because I thought the beginning of the series was decent.

I can't wait to read these in 2012!


Many readers/bloggers are big music fans.  Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012

My Chemical Romance (I LOVE them!)
Jack's Mannequin (I LOVE him!)
KYO (They're so neat!  They're a French band)

Thanks for stopping by!  Leave you web address in the form of a comment below and I'll try my best to stop by for a visit between health assignments.

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

8 comments:

  1. Yay for My Chemical Romance! Great choices. Love your blog:) And Mockingjay was my least favorite of the Hunger Games series.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I've been hearing that about Mockingjay quite a lot, so I'm a little nervous now... maybe that'll go to the bottom of my TBR pile...

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hopping through. Love My Chemical Romance. I'll have to check out Kyo.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! Thanks for posting about Kyo. I love international groups. Have you heard of Zero Assoluto? They are an Italian group. Looking forward to your reviews.

    http://www.ohpaperpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of Zero Assoluto! But I will certainly be looking them up shortly :)
      Have a lovely weekend and thanks for the follow (I'm following you back)!

      Delete
  4. I really want to read the John Green book it seems incredibly popular and I'm really intrigued by it!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely amazing! I can't read it fast enough!
      The entire first printing (except for a few ordering mistakes) has been signed by the author too, which is absolutely incredible!

      Delete

I love your comments! Comment away!