Friday, January 27, 2012

The Newly Acquired

Hello there!  So today, I did another Half-Price Books run with my 
lovely friend Avery (whilst switching between German, Spanish, French, and English)!  Here's what I got-- I'm very excited to read these!  

The first is "Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde."  What is really neat is that while it still has the original story, it's also very heavily annotated.  If I ever need it for college, this will come in handy!  Also, I've fallen deeply in love with the cover!

The second is "Saturday" by Ian McEwan.  I'm planning to actually finish "Atonement," but from what I've read so far, I really like his writing style and general story-telling.  So I had no problem picking this up off the bookshelf.


 The third is "Lucky" by Alice Sebold, which turns out to be her memoir.  I love memoirs, so I'm really excited to read this.

The fourth is "Sammy's Hill" by Kristin Gore.  While I was picking through the shelves looking for interesting titles, I spotted this one, became curious, and then instantly fell in love with the cover!

The fifth is the amazing "Save as Draft" by Cavanaugh Lee, which I've already read and reviewed!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!