Friday, January 27, 2012

Joyeux Vendredi!

Hello everyone!  Welcome to the end of the week!  Let's get started on questions and then I'll move on to other things briefly.

TGIF and Follow Friday are brought to you by Ginger @ GReads and Parajunkee.

Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from?  The bookstore?  The library?  Do you prefer to own a book or have it on loan?

It really depends.  If I read the inner cover and the description sounds interesting, I might just get the book regardless of whether I've read that book before or not.  I will do this most often at Half-Price Books because I can generally find a book that cost anywhere between $1 and $10 apiece, so it's not as bad as spending $22 on a book and hating it in the end.  If I'm iffy on a book, I will wait and borrow it from the library, since those books are the most accessible.  The only bad thing is, there is a three week limit each time you borrow a book and you can borrow a book up to three times before you have to give it back.  For a book you buy, you don't have to give it back, which I really appreciate.  So it very much depends.

Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

After learning my lesson after two mistakes, I will forever avoid any book that has to do with an already existing role-playing game (*COUGH* Warhammer *COUGH*) and anything that was written after the TV show aired.  It's one thing if a TV show or a movie is adapted from the other book, but it's an entirely different thing if a book is adapted from a TV show or movie.  It's just way too different and you know exactly what's going to happen when you read it any way because you've seen the episode or the movie.  Why bother?

Update Time!

Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to go dress shopping for my dance that is in a week from today (actually, this time next Friday, I'll have been done dancing for an hour).  The exciting thing is, I'm kind of doing this on my own this time.  My sister isn't going to be there to help me pick and neither is my mom.

Tomorrow, I will try and continue finishing up the videos for my LONTEM project that I haven't yet finished. The piece are there, it's the sitting down and editing part that is kind of deterring.  I will tell you that my next video is going to be entirely in French (with English subtitles).  Practicing is fun!

So there you have it!  That's all she wrote!

If you'd like me to drop by for a virtual visit, leave your web address down in the comments area and I will try my best to stop by tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!