Monday, July 26, 2010

Preface

I'm going to try something slightly new. I'm trying to write a horror novel (something I've never done before) and I'm going to post it here because I want to know if it's worth writing. So please, leave a comment below. Anyone can do it. I would also like to note that the work I will be sharing with you is completely fiction. Not one part of it is true. I'm not reporting things as I figure them out.

If I decide to do anything with this later, I will take this (and the other chapters) down for legal reasons, I guess. As of yet, I do not have a title. If you have any suggestions, feel free to throw them out there. I read every comment that comes in.

--------------------------------------------------

My mother wanted to live somewhere new. After the death of my father, she wanted nothing to do with the house. She loved my dad very much. They had been married since they were eighteen years old. They had their first child (my sister, Mary) when they were twenty-four. They’ve been married for twenty-two years.

Mary didn’t take any of this very well. It’s never easy losing your own father, especially when you’ve had him for sixteen years like she did. In our old house, our walls aren’t sound-proof. I heard her cry sometimes because she had lost so much in such a short space of time. Now this move was taking a toll on her.

Mary’s seventeen years old now. She has another boyfriend, but she claims that he’s totally different than the others. I beg to differ, but I digress… She’s having a hard time packing her things because she knows what she’s leaving behind.

I’m leaving things behind too, but probably not as much as Mary. I don’t have a large group of friends. My best friend moved away from here years ago. I’m not well-liked by the other girls in my school, I don’t have a boyfriend… the only thing I’m leaving behind is the house.

Dad died a year ago. We miss him, but we’re still alive and we can’t go to the grave with him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading thus far. I'm working on chapter one right now. Please leave critiques in the form of a comment below (I believe there is a button that says comment).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!