Tuesday, July 20, 2010

RetroFit

I lied to you again. This post is quite obviously not a review of 'Mirror, Mirror.'

No... instead, I'm getting ready for the Beatles tonight!

Sure, I wasn't fortunate to be born when they were first becoming popular, which is why I must settle for pictures, recordings, and cover-bands like RetroFit. By clicking upon the word 'RetroFit' you will land on the website I just found while going on Safari through the wonderful land of Google. I tried to play the samples, but it turns out you have to buy them... since I'm kind of lazy (and quite honestly, I don't know what they look like or sound like) you should search for them on YouTube, and then I'll come back to this post with an update about tonight.

I have a mission for you: if someone could build a fully functional time-machine, then we can all go back in time, see the Beatles and scream like obsessed fan girls when we see them in person. It'll be great fun!

I might have another review or two before I actually get to 'Mirror, Mirror,' but I will eventually get to it! In the meantime, have a great week everyone!

--Jude

EDIT: Okay, what a fun night! It was fun to see all of these old hippies just dancing the night away (at least until 8:30 when it was time to go home). One of these days (perhaps on a Friday, when I don't have summer school) I'll try and upload some videos for your enjoyment. I'll do it through YouTube though, because the Blogger Video thing is nearly impossible.

As for RetroFit... umm... I was less than satisfied. They were quite disappointing. They couldn't sing very well (my ears started bleeding whenever they had to hit a high note in the chorus... ugh blah...), they played a crap-ton of obscure Beatles songs (they probably played a set of ten or fifteen and I recognized like... four. Epic. Fail. They didn't really get into the music, which made this gig seem like a job. You're in the music business! Your job is cool! Enjoy it!

So the people who attended were a lot more interesting than the band. If I had known that, I wouldn't have put so much emphasis on the cover band like I did (above). Oh well, it was a free concert.

It was still quite fun though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!