Thursday, July 15, 2010

Teacher! She's Passing Notes...

I feel as though I must post something. This whole blogging thing is so much fun! ^^

Note 1: I have submitted 5 poems to Literal Latté! I really wanted to give them six, which was the maximum number of poems I could send them for ten dollars. Actually, I think I had six written, but I looked at one of them again, and it… I don’t know, it just wasn’t right.

I take that back.

It was horrible! I hate that everything I write regarding love or romance is too sappy/gooey/bleh/whatever you want to call it even though as I’m writing it, it feels like it’s coming from the bottom of my heart. Maybe this problem will amend itself. I’ll leave it alone for now. Maybe my version of poetry isn’t meant to mix with that subject. I’ll wait until I get better to try that again (you know this promise won’t be kept, right?)

Note 2: My family and I are taking or exchange student to a cabin for the weekend! I’m really excited. We’ll have access to the kayak and I’m able to take it out by myself and everything :D This weekend will also be a chance for me to sit down and take a big chunk out of my book (it’s in the sidebar, if you’re interested in knowing what that is). The faster I read the book, the quicker I can review it and pass on my judgment to you fine people. It really gives me something to look forward to. This weekend will also be a chance to prepare a little for NaNoWriMo. I’m not one of those brave people that signs up for that and tells themselves, ‘I’ll just wing it.’ No… I try to put a lot of thought into what I write. If I get the planning out of the way, then I’ll have something to follow and I can put more thought in and write my one-thousand-something words a day throughout the month of November.

Note 3: I really do need to write something… I have a writing buddy correspondence going and I really hate to leave any correspondent hanging. It’s like one big game of hot-potato with me. When I have to do something, I get this internal pressure put on me until I do it and then when it’s the next person’s turn, that pressure disappears. It’s so strange. I hate that feeling…

Note 4: I am half-way done with summer school. It’s definitely not as horrible as I thought it would be. I know I’m going to have to do it next summer. Next summer, I’m going to put so much effort into getting into that stupid online health and gym class so I don’t have to get up at 6:30 Monday through Thursday. I’m sick of it. I’m really tired in the morning, I’m exhausted at night. I’m typing this at 11:19 (not my brightest idea, considering I have to get up early tomorrow too) and my eyelids are burning and their heavy with tiredness. As soon as I’m done preparing for my weekend getaway, I’ll attempt to read another chapter and then I promise I’ll go to sleep.

Note 5: I plan to attempt my driver’s test in early August! I still have to get an appointment and then practice my parking and back-ups and stuff, but at least I have a time-frame to shoot for!

Note 6: I go to “Architecture Camp” (that’s not really what it’s called, but for all intents and purposes, we’ll roll with it) in August! I go to the University’s art museum and hang out there building miniature things for a week! I did a fall session similar to this, and I really enjoyed it. August will also be a less busy time, because I won’t have summer school any more. I’ll need to get school supplies because… because… (insert sob here) I START SCHOOL ON AUGUST 31ST!

Yeah, yeah… “Quit your crying, Jude, lots of people start school in August!” Maybe, but I’ve always started after labor day, because the school system I’m part of is just that cool… mmmm, debatable. I’m still not on very good terms with them. They just don’t know it.

Okay, I’m sorry to take you away from life and civilization. Enjoy your weekend! My next post should be my review of “Mirror, Mirror,” unless something totally awesome comes up and I absolutely need to share it with you.

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!