Wednesday, September 15, 2010

There Is Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself

It's mid-week again! Two more days and then we can all sleep in a little.

Apparently it's been raining on and off all day, but because of my school's lack of windows, I missed out... I like rain storms immensely, so that makes me a little sad... luckily, it's raining as I type this, so maybe I'll have something to sleep to tonight! It's fun to stay up and just watch the lightning flash and hear the rain hit the plants and the pavement outside of your window... it's absolutely gorgeous.

When I was younger, my family and I would meander out onto the porch and we would stay out there for a long time just waiting for that really loud clap of thunder to come and then it would shake the house and my sister and I would giggle with excitement!

Any way, I have good memories with storms.
Today, I went to my sound tech orientation. What this means is that I would work in the sound room of my school's theater and I would set up speakers and microphones (and whatever else the event calls for) and then stay in the sound room to keep the volume and everything else under control. I've been told it's not a hard job, but I don't care. It looks like a lot of fun!

This orientation was basically to give us a taste of everything to make sure that this is what we really want to do. Now, we get to stay after school once a week so we can actually learn how to use everything. I'm really excited! I've never done anything like this before!

What else is left this week? A verb quiz for French -ir verbs (finir and the like), boat loads of homework, and yes. My Pop Singers Audition.

Since it's getting so close (Friday at 12:40!) I'm starting to get the butterflies. If they get really bad, I'm going to wait until after my audition to eat lunch. I'm not terribly nervous about the audition itself. I mean, I've done everything once before, and nothing really new will be thrown at me (or so I've been told). I'm nervous about who I'm singing in front of. I've never sang in front of my band teacher (by myself) let alone the choir teacher's sub. I'd be more at ease if it was the regular choir teacher, but do to an occurrence, that is not possible. So I will be in the middle of the very open band room, getting recorded by the microphones dangling from the ceiling, and getting (for lack of a better word) graded on my audition by two people I've never sang in front of before. It'll be weird, but I don't think this is anything I can't handle.

I'll update you when I know more (probably the day the results come in, which will be the beginning of next week). Until then, have a good rest of the week as well as a good weekend!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!