Sunday, November 6, 2011

Confessions of a NaNoNite 2.0: Day 5 and 6



How Are You Doing So Far?

  • Ugh... today, not so hot... I have no idea how the long weekend just ended in the blink of an eye.  I was expecting to get mostly caught up (I'm not stupid enough to think that I could make up three or four days all in one weekend... I've never done that before), but instead I'm just barely done with the word count for Day 2... so right now, I'm feeling like a failure as a writer (please don't feel sorry for me, this mood will undoubtedly pass... it always does).
  • I'm having that feeling that NaNo wasn't such a good idea this year.  I have colleges to apply to, things to do to prepare for my trips in five/six months, social get-togethers because I either don't get to see them a lot now and/or I'm not going to be able to see them when I'm gone next year.  It's kind of important.
  • I'm just complaining now.
  • The saving grace of today was I was able to write during church and not get scolded for not paying attention.  I'm so happy that I have supportive parents like this!  I was really afraid that I was going to get my notebook thrown across the room (figuratively, of course).
Did You Reach Your Word Count Goal?

  • Do I need to answer this question?
What's Standing in Your Way Right Now?

  • Too many expectations between home and school.  I've tried to remove certain ones at school, but I was unable to.  The counselors told me to come back in a few weeks.
How is Tomorrow Going to be Different?

  • I will be in a better mood, my homework will be done, and I'll want nothing more to do than to write.  That's my hope and prediction for tomorrow, any way.
Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!