Friday, November 25, 2011

I Almost Forgot That It's Friday!

It's been a bit of a strange week, so it didn't even register with me that today is Friday.  The beauty of Thanksgiving Break :)  Anywho, I haven't done any of the Friday question things in a while, so let's get started!

Follow Friday and TGIF are brought to you by Parajunkee and Ginger @ GReads.

When you're not reading: What occupies your time when your nose isn't stuck in a book?

When I'm not reading, I'm in school, doing odd jobs (because I've been out of luck with getting a formal job), hanging out with my friends and/or family, or entertaining myself.  

I'm a senior in high school, so this year, a lot of my time is devoted to getting college stuff straightened out (applications are all done!  Woohoo!) and finishing.  Everything.  

I'm doing odd jobs because I'm headed to France in about four or five months and then a week after I get back, I'm heading right back out again to Washington D.C.  I'm so excited!  

My friends are quite important to me, especially since I won't get to see a lot of them on a regular basis in one year's time.  Less than one year's time, actually.

When I'm entertaining myself, I'm writing, rocking out to Phantom of the Opera (yes, of course with a sucky operatic voice), listening/playing other music, or taking pictures (you'll find a lot of my photography on this blog, actually).

It's Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., so we want to know what you are thankful for-- blogging related, of course!  Who has helped you out along the way?  What books are you thankful for reading?

I'm thankful to those people that willing went on adventures with me and let me take pictures of them and let me tell stories about them.  I'm thankful to J.K. Rowling, John Green, Laurie Halse Anderson, and Gabrielle Zevin for writing some of the best books that I've ever read ever.  My list could go on, but this blog post is going to be long enough as it is...  I wrote another Thanksgiving post, so just scroll down one post.

Feel free to leave a comment with your web address and a message (if you want) in it and I'll try my best to come by and return your visit!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

12 comments:

  1. New follower just hopping through :)

    Have fun in France and good luck with college!

    Here's my Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, your blog name? PLEASE tell me it's in reference to Linkin Park and I'll love you forever!

    Second? FRANCE?! How freaking cool! And I'm sure you'll do fine in college. ;)

    New follower! Feel free to swing by my blog:

    http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2011/11/tgif-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Jackie. New follower. There was a recent article about J.K Rowling and how she is being harassed by the media just like all movie stars are . I can't remember where I saw it. I saw her on the Oprah Show too . she is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aeicha: Thank you on both accounts! I will stop by momentarily. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have an excellent weekend!

    Hannah: You're right! It's a line in Linkin Park's song "Papercut." I will be sure to stop by your blog very soon! Have a lovely weekend!

    Jackie: It's so sad that such amazing people can't be left alone for even a minute... She's very cool-- I aspire to be like her someday :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so incredibly jealous that you're going to France! I bet it'll be fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun on your trip! :) I hope you have an absolute blast! And YUSSSS, Phantom of the Opera!

    I LOVE that you mentioned being grateful to J.K. Rowling. Thanks, Queen Rowling, for the fantastic world I escape to at every possible moment <3

    Sonia
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here! Hope your having an awesome follow friday!

    Feel free to check out my blog @ http://www.booklove101.com

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower, hopping through. What a lovely post and blog you have, I have had a lot of fun looking through it. :)

    I agree so much about J.K. Rowling and Laurie Halse Anderston. *g*

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Follow Friday!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a lot of people are thankful for J.K Rowling I know I am, new follower, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. How is the college search going? Senior year is such a scary yet empowering time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexa: I think it'll be excellent too :) Only four or five months to go and then I'll get to speak French for two weeks!

    The Story Queen: I certainly will have a blast! I'll bring back pictures and video at the very least :)

    Lu: Thanks for stopping by!

    Book Love 101: I hope you're having any awesome Follow Friday as well! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

    Soulunsung: I'm really glad you're enjoying it! Feel free to stop by any time! Enjoy your weekend!

    Sarah Brown: She's just changed so many lives. She's devoted 19 long years to Harry, plus any extra time to the movies. She's just amazing ^_^

    Anne Bennett: The college search is going well! I've applied to four and I've already been accepted to one college, so it's going just swimmingly :) Senior year is definitely scary and stressful. It's really weird knowing that I'm not going back to my high school as a student next year, so I'm trying to do everything now. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I log on to your blogs on a regular basis.
    Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work!


    my website; english bulldog Puppy

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!