Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Confessions of a NaNoNite: Last Day


How did NaNoWriMo go this year?

  • Well... I wrote almost 5,000 more words that I originally had.  Altogether, I have 15,366 words, amounting to 25% of my word count goal.  So while I didn't reach my goal, I did get something done.  And I'm proud of what I've done.

How do you plan to conquer NaNoWriMo next time?

  • I plan on participating in the summer version of NaNoWriMo!  I realized that a lot of my problems had to do with wrapping up high school, which is really super important for me.  In the summer, I won't have the problem.  I'll be packing and hopefully working, both of which I can maneuver around.  In the summer, I think I stand a better chance of completing this thing.

What would you do differently next time?

  • I wouldn't count the words as I was writing.  I just want to get words down on the page.  I don't want numbers to be what is perpetuating my story.  I would also try not to get discouraged when I become days behind where I'm supposed to be.

Did you get anything out of this year's attempt?

  • Yeah!  I am up another 5,000 words from where I used to be.  My story has changed quite a bit-- I've added a bit of what I think is Stockholm Syndrome, so that's a relatively new element (kinda sorta).  I'm interested in seeing how this story actually turns out when I'm completely done with it.
Thanks for keeping up with my NaNoWriMo progress if you have been.  I'm terribly sorry that I didn't do more of it this November.  I'll for sure be better about this over the summer when the craziness has passed.

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!