Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Amateur Hour: Baking Banana Bread!

On top of reading and writing, I also love to cook. I've made this recipe a few times and it has always gone over well! I got it off of AllRecipes.com. There's easy prep and easy steps!
Setting Up: What Kind of Food Items?
2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cups of brown sugar
2 eggs (the recipe say beaten, but I never do)
2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (that's about 5 bananas, I've discovered)
If you have a little bit of a sweet tooth, feel free to add chocolate chips!
Setting Up: What Sort of Equipment?
1 large mixing bowl
1 smaller mixing bowl for mashing bananas
1 set of measuring spoons
1 masher (it can be a spoon)
9x5 pan
1 set of measuring cups

The Steps
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and lightly grease your 9x5 pan (I usually do this just before I pour the batter in).
2. In your large bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and eggs. In your smaller bowl, mash your bananas until they are as smooth as you can get them. Then put them in your bigger bowl. Stir everything together so that everything is moist.
Now pour your batter into your greased 9x5 pan.
3. Bake your bread for 60-65 minutes. I usually keep the bread in the pan I baked it in when I'm done, but feel free to turn your bread out onto a wire rack.
When your bread is done baking, your loaf should look a little something like this! Bon appetite!
I would suggest that you wait a few minutes to let your bread cool off (because it will be insanely hot if you eat it straight from the oven). I highly recommend putting in chocolate chips! I didn't do that this time because I couldn't find any in my house... sadness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!