Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Amateur Hour: Tuna Salad!

I'm in a baking mood this week... So now I'm going to give you a recipe (not from the internet) on how to make tuna salad! It's really quite simple...
Setting Up: What Kind of Food Items?
1 or 2 boxes of pasta (it depends on how many people you're planning to serve with this)
1 jar/bottle of pickle relish
2 cans of tuna
1 tub of mayonnaise
Salt
Setting Up: What Sort of Equipment?
1 large pan
1 strainer
1 large bowl
1 can opener
1 wooden spoon/spatula

The Steps:
1. Boil some water for your pasta. Here, you will need the salt. Use enough to be visible in a pile in the pan
2. Put your pasta in the hot water (in the picture, I used 1 1/2 boxes, and that was quite a lot).
3. Open your 2 cans of tuna and drain the water (if there is any)

4. Scoop 2 wooden spoonfuls of mayonnaise into your bowl

5. Add a couple spoonfuls or squirts of relish into the bowl

6. Mix it all together! If you see a little bit of every ingredient throughout your concoction, that should be enough. Taste-test it to make sure though. Ultimately, you're the judge of deliciousness.

Feel free to add more mayonnaise and relish as needed. The relative amounts that I gave above are just good starters. It's always better to have less stuff in there so you can add more!
When you're done, you should get a little something like this (I took this picture before I was completely done. I added more relish afterwards when I realized how bland it was).

Enjoy!

--Jude Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!