- I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit tired. Maybe that's just from another hectic day. I feel like I haven't been writing a lot, so I'm pretty sure I'm not tired from that.
Has there ever been a moment where you really wish that you hadn't even started NaNoWriMo?
- Plenty of those. What scares me is that we're only three days in. What does that tell us about twenty-seven day in the future? What's that going to be like if I'm already starting to crash now? Negative thoughts... get away... get away...
If you weren't doing this (being NaNoWriMo) right now, what would you be doing?
- Probably something less productive: playing games on the internet, checking my email every two seconds... that kind of thing. Either that or I would be reading or getting some of my homework out of the way. But I have four days of pure weekend, so there's plenty of time for that later.
Are you going to tell us what your novel is about?
- A couple days ago, I started writing one thing, but now I think I'm going to switch over to another project. It's still for NaNoWriMo, but it's just different than what I started NaNoWriMo with. It's completely different, actually. So is this considered cheating? No, I don't think so. My goal was to write 1,000 words a day. The story I'm going to take up now has about 3,000, so I'm still on track of where I would have been had I continued with the first story I started. So what does this mean for the first novel? It's merely being set aside. I still think that it's important that I write it. This new novel is going to be called 'Dark Blue,' unless I can think of something better and more exciting to call it.
What stood in your way today?
- School was pretty busy today. I had a test in Government/Econ, then I graded a country project for a freshman because my teacher asked everyone if we would like to help. French, we had to make up sentences using être (to be) and emotions. Je suis heureuse quand j'ai un cookie :) There was also a lab in physics involving skateboards. There was literally no time to even attempt to write. After school, I was mobile almost the entire time after walking in the front door. Library, back home, to my sister's school, to my school, back home, on the computer...
How did you overcome that/those obstacle(s)?
- It's not really cheating, but I cheated and I wrote almost five hundred words last night before going to bed. That was actually one of the smartest things I have done so far this month.
Are you looking forward to anything?
- Tomorrow I'm hanging out with Jack and it's going to be lots of fun! If we have enough bananas and other ingredients, maybe I'll teach him how to make banana bread, because it's delicious and that actually sounds really good right now.
- I went to the library today! I have fourteen new books in my house! If you want to see what they are, you can go to the library bag tab at the top of this page! I was looking around the hold section, because I was pretty sure I was missing one. The librarian scanned my card so that she could figure out which ones were still missing. She looked up my account and she did a double-take when she saw the number indicating how many books were on hold at the library. I just smiled innocently. When I went to check them out, the guy behind me was like, "Gee, you must like to read!" You've got that right. But I'm certainly not going to read them all in three weeks. I don't have the time, stamina, or attention span.
- My family is also working on filling out an application so that we can host another French student! I love hosting! This will be our third time if we're accepted as a host family this year. The French students are coming sometime in February.
Did you reach your goal for today?
- Yes! 10.25% so far!
Thanks for reading, everyone! If you have any objections to this format of blog or if you have a suggestion, feel free to leave a comment! Also, if you have a question that you would like answered, please leave them in comment form. It's rather strange interviewing myself, even though it's a little like being a rock star!