Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Resolutions


It's time for Follow Friday again! The Blog Hop is on vacation, so our paths will cross sometime on a future Friday. Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee (you can click the graphic above to be taken to the Follow Friday page). This week's question is:

What are your New Years book blogging resolutions?

I guess I've never been very big on resolutions, but incidentally, I started to make a list just a few days ago. I'll split it into smaller categories...

Book Blogging
1. Review a greater variety of books. I've reviewed a lot of Young Adult, but I've drifted from memoirs and classics, both of which I have a fondness for.
2. Complete the challenges I have committed to. I made one for myself, which is to read 50 books in a year and then the 2011 Audio Book challenge, where I will read along and eventually get to 12.
3. Conduct more author interviews. I tried to do this once, and I didn't receive an answer, so I hope to be successful with this in the future.
4. Finish reviewing books that I've already read. I've started this and I've made good progress, though there are still many that are longing to be written about...

General Blogging
1. Keep up and get more involved in the other blogs I follow, support, and contribute to (Ezra, Jude, and Avery's Epic Adventure!; The Rainbow Tour; this blog; etc.).
2. Do my "Learn Something New" project where I learn one new thing every month throughout 2011 (I'm still looking for suggestions for this, by the way. You can leave your suggestions in the comments!)

Life
1. Direct another stop-motion
2. Make a Little Things Scrapbook
3. Figure out what colleges to apply to
4. Appreciate the little things
5. Practice for and participate in NaNoWriMo 2011
6. Bike more/Be more active
7. Make more time for friends
8. Be sociable
9. Stand up for what I believe in
10. Get a job

Thanks for taking a gander at my resolutions! Feel free to leave a comment with your web address and I'll try to get to you as soon as possible. Also, if you can think of something that you've always wanted to learn or have learned and thought it was fun to learn, you can leave that activity in your comment as well. Who knows? You might just be responsible for one of the things I learn in a month!

Thanks for reading and have a Happy New Year!

--Jude

10 comments:

  1. New follower from the hop.

    Happy New Years!
    ~Inspired Kathy
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer's Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about reviewing the books I've already read. That's def one I need to work on too. I have all the books up just not reviewed. You have some good goals it looks like.

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower! :)

    You have some AWESOME resolutions! In blogging and in real life. :) I want to conduct more author interviews, as well - I've been blogging for 5 months and only have 2 interviews, what's up with that? :( I wish you all of the best with your resolutions!

    Have a Happy New Year! ♥
    Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loke the Learn Something New resolution. We should all do that. Happy New Year, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years! I like a lot of your resolutions for blogging and real life! A few of them I have on my list as well :)

    I haven't conducted any interviews... I need to get on that (that's one of my resolutions).

    Good luck on them!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea @Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower hopping through. Wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my giveaway for Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (ends 1/3)

    Kristin@MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoppin on by, good luck with your resolutions!
    Have a wonderful and safe New Years!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals. I want to do several challenges this year too.
    Happy New Years!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspired Kathy: Happy New Years to you as well and thank you for the follow! I have returned the favor.

    AngelicNytmare: It's definitely a lot of work, but if you're a slow reader like I am, it sort of covers that up :)
    Happy New Year and have a great weekend!

    Kristina Barnes: Thank you for becoming a new follower! I really, really appreciate it! I'm also a new follower of yours.
    That's really strange... perhaps it would help to send out more review requests? Or have you been doing that?

    Annette: Thank you very much for stopping by! Happy New Year!

    Chelsea: Good luck with your future interviews! I haven't done one yet, but they sure look like a lot of fun. Happy New Year!

    Kristin: Thank you for following and stopping by! Happy New Year and have a great weekend!

    Crystal: Happy New Year! I hope you had a great night as well. Have a good weekend!

    Alison: Good luck on your challenges! Happy New Year and have a great weekend!

    Paranormal Romance Addict: Thank you! You have a great year too! Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huh, you're half a world away, yet the life resolutions are practically the same...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!